- White Paper | 10 Grammar Rules for Chat Agents | Chat writing strategies for better CRM
Communications style in the chat environment is critical. It conveys the company brand, helps ensure accurate information is delivered to the customer, and facilitates achieving company-mandated metrics. Online readers tend to look for individual words and phrases that solve their issues. Without the structure of grammar in the chat channel, rapid fire communication would be difficult and quite often would lead to customer confusion. This white paper covers the 10 grammar rules that all chat agents should follow. It also includes a job aid for easy reference. It was written by Kim Keating as part of the the Best Practices for Online Chat series developed for TELUS International.
- White Paper | Best Practices: Online Chat Sales | Boosting Customer Service and Sales ROI
Online chat continues to develop as an influential and profit-making customer service and sales delivery method. But even with growing consumer preference, impressive ROI, and often very high customer satisfaction, online chat remains an immature channel. As more consumers go to the web for customer support or online shopping, there is tremendous opportunity for companies that launch online chat well. TELUS International commissioned a benchmarking study – Best Practices: Online Chat Sales – from consultant Kim Keating to show just how vital certain metrics are to offering an optimal chat experience.
- Webinar | Five Proven Strategies to Drive ROI for Online Chat
TELUS International, Dell and consultant Kim Keating share key research and customer-proven best practices, which have driven the growth and performance of online chat for customer service and sales. Bringing together a panel of industry experts, this webinar will analyze and review industry-proven strategies and case studies for:
- Adopting and integrating online chat for customer service & sales
- How customer service leader and chat pioneer, Dell, uses chat best practices to drive customer satisfaction and sales ROI
- Online chat employee training: best practice performance, skills, quality & style
- The variety of chat system features which help drive the ideal chat customer experience
- Webinar Summary | Five Proven Strategies to Drive ROI for Online Chat
Interested in learning about the Five Proven Strategies to Drive ROI for Online Chat, but don’t have time to listen to the entire webinar? This document summarizes the key learnings from the TELUS-sponsored webinar recorded August 16, 2011. It steps through each slide presented by the panel and provides executive-level takeaways. It’s designed to help readers pinpoint relevant information, such that they can easily skip to sections of the webinar to listen to specific dialogue. TELUS International commissioned this insightful summary from Kenna Inc.’s marketing services. Our highly skilled professionals are domain experts in customer-facing operations. Our team’s combination industry knowledge, writing skills and marketing expertise helps companies ensure the right messages are being delivered to the right audience.
- White Paper | Reducing Customer Effort in the Chat Channel | Better Chat Writing Strategies for a Better Customer Experience
As a follow up to the white paper, Best Practices: Online Chat Sales – Boosting customer service and sales ROI, TELUS International again commissioned Kim Keating to analyze the written communication between chat agents and customers. The purpose of this paper is to show how agent writing skills can significantly impact customer effort. The analysis provides excerpts from chat transcripts which illustrate particular concepts that are critical to providing efficient and effective communication. Each verbatim was analyzed in terms of the writing strategy, response accuracy, grammar and other important criteria. They are also categorized as follows, with each section demonstrating positive and negative approaches to chat communications:
- Conversation Flow – Agents need to understand the logical progression of a chat session from greeting to issue resolution or sale to closing to a post-chat survey request.
- Agent Skills – Agents should portray confidence and knowledge in the company and its products at all times.
- Communication Style – Agents should write responses using clear language and proper grammar and in a tone that reflects the company’s image.
- Social Care research on Inside Social Media Monthly – New Study shows top global brands use social media to improve customer service
NEW research shows how leading consumer electronics companies are utilizing social media to support their customers.
- White Paper | Benchmarking Social Media Customer Service | Opportunities & Best Practices for Social Care
Big brands like Apple, Dell and Google are embracing the opportunity to provide customer support using dedicated social media channels. Most companies are in the early stages of developing their “social care” activities through community building channels like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. TELUS International commissioned a social care benchmarking study using consultants Kim Keating and Dave Evans, best-selling author and social strategist. The study examines the social care practices of seven Fortune 500 companies in consumer electronics.
Five Proven Strategies to Drive ROI for Online Chat
This FREE webinar was held on:
Tuesday, August 16, 2011.
Presenters: Emily Millar , Jeffrey Hutchings , Kim Keating
Online chat continues to develop as both a convenient customer service channel, and a cost effective sales delivery method. But even with its growing consumer preference, impressive ROI, and high CSAT, online chat is still regarded as an immature channel. However, as more consumers go to the web for support and online shopping, there remain tremendous opportunities for companies to deliver better customer service online and more sales – in real time.
News & Events
Jul 6, 2011 – Eight IT and Outsourcing companies acquire CMMI and SPOT certification to enhance exports and provide quality jobs. (Read the full story here.)
TELUS – TELUS commissioned the study Best Practices: Online Chat Sales – Boosting customer service and sales ROI. (Download the whitepaper here.)
TELUS – TELUS commissioned the research Reducing Customer Effort in the Chat Channel. (Download the whitepaper here.)
March 1, 2011 – Austin, Texas – Extensya Achieves the First Certification to the SPOT Performance Maturity Model Tier 1. (read more…)
September 27, 2010 – Austin, Texas – SPOT Consulting LLC today announced new implementations of the SPOT Performance Maturity Model Certification program for contact center operations in Jordan (read more…)
June 20th, 2010 – Austin, Texas – SPOT Consulting LLC today announced that CEO Alton Martin is providing the keynote address for the Dominican Republic’s Center for Export and Investment Delegation (read more…)
May 26, 2010 – Austin, Texas – CEO of SPOT Consulting to Participate in Middle East Launch of Jordan Chapter of IAOP (read more…)